A staple for our recipes, specially sauces and mud rubs, learning how to roast a garlic is a very important skill if you want to improve your cooking with minimum effort.
- 1 Garlic Head
- A drizzle of Olive Oil
- Salt, rub or spice mix (optional)
- Aluminum Foil
- Using a knife, remove the top of a garlic head, exposing the cloves
- Place the garlic on top and center of an aluminum foil square, big enough to wrap around the whole head
- Drizzle the garlic head with olive oil
- If you want to add more flavor, sprinkle the garlic with your favorite rub, spice mix or even salt and pepper
- Wrap it all up in the aluminum foil
- Place the wrapped garlic directly on hot coals *USING TONGS*
- Remove the garlic head from coal with CAUTION and let sit for 5 minutes, until its no longer hot to the touch
- Remove the aluminum foil, squeze the head of the garlic from the bottom, so the roasted garlic paste comes out from the cut we did earlier
Enjoy this Garlic paste using it as a steak topping mixed with herbs or in sauces, barbecues, mud rubs or whatever you come up with!